Mr. Cruise was born in 1962. He is recognized by many as one of the best actors alive. He looks very athletic in most films because he follows a very strict diet in preparation for the big screen.
Here are the strict dieting guidelines Tom Cruise followed to prepare for Mission Impossible 4:
- He ate only meat, cheese, and some leafy vegetables.
- All food containing sugar additives were completely banned.
- Starchy vegetables and white flour were also banned - Corn, Okra, etc.
- He ate 6 to 8 times a day and consumed only 1,200 calories per day.
- Protein sources included grilled chicken, raw sashimi and grilled tuna steak.
- He worked out for 90 minutes every morning, and jogged 2 miles every evening.
Mr. Cruise gains muscle and fat very easy, according to his trainers and diet coaches, so it's takes a great deal of discipline to look as good as he does at his age.
His diet reportedly gets a little out of control when he's not filming, but give him a break! he's only human; I think.